[kwlug-disc] Techcrunch: Microsoft is bringing the Bash shell to Windows 10 [was: Linuxaria: Open Source Has Taken over the Software Industry]

Steve Izma sizma at golden.net
Wed Mar 30 16:13:15 EDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 03:11:39PM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Techcrunch: Microsoft is bringing the Bash shell
>  to Windows 10 [was: Linuxaria: Open Source Has Taken over the Software
>  Industry]
>
> Should be:
>
> sudo rm /rf \
>
> Ughh ...

Right. But under the MKS Toolkit, the correct Unix syntax was
used, so

rm -rf /

would do what you expected. But sudo or even logging in as root
was not deemed necessary. I think it was assumed that if you were
smart enough to use use Unix commands you ought to know what
you're doing with commands like the above (it was the Wild West
to some extent). The Toolkit also normally replaced command.com
with the Korn shell, if I remember correctly.

If it could be done back then, then surely it's trivial to do it
again.

	-- Steve

--
Steve Izma