[kwlug-disc] Techcrunch: Microsoft is bringing the Bash shell to Windows 10 [was: Linuxaria: Open Source Has Taken over the Software Industry]

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 30 14:37:21 EDT 2016

It's a shame that Bash is not that good a shell. It's good that
Microsoft is embracing legacy compatibility, but honestly they learned
a bunch of lessons from bash, Perl and a bunch of other open source
tools in creating Powershell, and we have not learned back with any
solution that has good adoption.

Unfortunately I think that we desktop-Linux dinosaurs are probably
stuck with crufty old bash (and the entire sh family) for the
forseeable future.

- Paul