[kwlug-disc] Ota TV CITV down?

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:03:37 EDT 2016

The free standing towers can be pricey; $500 - $1000 for just the tower,
depending on height.  But the freestanding ones have to be cemented at
least 4 feet into the ground.  Not sure about installation cost, but you
can do it with a few friends, assuming one of them knows what they're doing.

The non-free standing ones have to be secured at the roof line, and cannot
go more than about 10 -15 feet above the roof line.  It all depends on the
tower you get.

Watch out for Kijiji ads, some of those old towers are rusted pretty badly.

Try contacting the local Amateur Radio club (http://www.kwarc.org/), they'd
have a better idea, may even have some folks that would help you out.