[kwlug-disc] Ota TV CITV down?

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:10:30 EDT 2016

>No CHCH, CITS, OMNI1 or OMNi2? I plan to move my 8-bay antenna, are you
>suggesting it didn't help so you put up a smaller antenna? For CBC I
usually
>watch the news live, none of the other shows interest me? I am guessing the
>app doesn't do live streams?

When I had my 8-bay antenna, I never could pick up anything from Toronto
area.  I tried, oh yes, I tried... There's just too much distance between
me and those transmitters and I do have a pretty clear line of sight to the
horizon.

When I decided to move my antenna from the deck to the old satellite TV
pole on my roof, I bought one of those flat dish like antennas:
http://pimages.solidsignal.com/CM-3000AR_zoom.jpg

No live streams on the app, but CBC News does seem to have a paid steaming
service?
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/networkstream/

Probably not the 'local 6pm news' you're looking for though.

>The only saving grace to CTV is that it's vhf. You can knock it way down
by using a uhf -only
>antenna and a vhf trap before any amplifier stage. Still going to be a
tricky proposition out in new hamberg.

A signal trap might help.  Not sure it's worth it out here.  Even tvfool.com
shows us barely getting any signals out here.  There are still hills in the
way, not to mention the curvature of the earth...

Damn spherical planet.  If the flat earthers were right, I'd be able to get
CBC!  Hah.

-Colin