[kwlug-disc] Ota TV CITV down?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Mar 28 23:22:33 EDT 2016

B.S. wrote:
> multipath (same bounced signal arriving mostly simultaneously from
> different reflected paths, and the tuner unable to consistently
> lock on any one of them) is my unsolvable problem.

Could be solved with a highly directional antenna that rejects signals
not in its direction.  You'd probably need amplification as well. The
wider the separation of the multi-paths, the better. If the
configuration is such that you're getting a slightly delayed signal
from the same direction then you're probably out of luck.

> this seems to indicate that trees and leaves are getting me a
> better signal.

Is it possible that the vegetation is lensing the radio frequency,
giving you a stronger signal?

More likely, in winter the vegetation is no longer blocking the stray
multi-path signals, giving you a better signal in summer.

- --Bob.

- --