[kwlug-disc] udisksd slow to mount USB stick

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Mar 24 22:03:16 EDT 2016

> Now that you got it all zero'ed out, try creating FAT filesystem on the
> whole /dev/sdb, rather than /dev/sdb1.

You mean no partitioning at all?

Meaning not doing anything to it with fdisk?

> Curious how fast it mounts on other computer...

After I zeroed it out, I created a partition table and a vfat file
system. It behaved the same way on my computer, and also on another
older computer (Kubuntu 14.04), took 1 minute 11 seconds from
partition appearing in syslog, until udisksd mounts it.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.