[kwlug-disc] Why would an LTS install non-LTS kernels?

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 19:09:11 EDT 2016

The LTS point releases ship updated kernels for hardware enablement.  The
process is described here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack

Generally I'd expect that things that work shouldn't stop working.  But I
know from experience that that assumption is naive.  It's software.  Stuff
breaks.  Also, it's the kernel, and they do strange things sometimes.

Darcy.