[kwlug-disc] Testing a mail port

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Mar 9 10:49:48 EST 2016

To clarify ...

You are trying to contact port 25 on mail.ufn.com, but that host is
not the MX server, and therefore does not respond (perhaps no SMTP
server running there, hence my initial netstat message to verify).

If that server has no SMTP, it is because Google is their SMTP server.

So, you should tell the client to configure Google for SMTP on their clients.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.