[kwlug-disc] Avoiding cloud lock in.

B.S. bs27975.2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 20:53:22 EDT 2016

On 06/28/2016 06:13 PM, Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc wrote:
>> 7. Avoiding vendor lockin (ex. http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/79417.html)

Interesting link - thank you.

Minds me of the traditional problem of changing task / contact managers
/ pims, or outsourcing one's computers, including workstation
configuration, deployment, and delivery, then wanting to change service
firms.

Now the problem has extended itself to the cloud. <sigh>

Given the threads in the past about migrating one's web site (hosted via
some standard UI, the name of which escapes me at the moment), or
switching wordpress hosters, I would have thought that sticking with
OwnCloud hosters would all but negate migration hassle. No?