[kwlug-disc] Cross Platform Messaging Clients

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 6 17:37:19 EDT 2016

>> Perhaps we need a KWLUG Night of the Chat Client Shootout?

It would be interesting to see a comparison with bitlbee[1] and an IRC
client as well.

I have not used it, but bitlbee claims it is a server/proxy to various
IM services and IRC. Could do something similar to what pidgin does,
while still allowing the choice between GUI and console for the UI.

Anyone have an experience with this or something similar?

Andrew

[1] https://www.bitlbee.org/main.php/news.r.html