[kwlug-disc] Simple computer inventory software

Colin Mills colin.j.mills96 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:05:41 EDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:

> While it claims to be a "software configuration management system" it
> seems more like a "source code versioning system". But if it truly is
> the former then you may find it useful.

It is a version control system. It was written by the same guy who
wrote SQLite [0]. He actually wrote it to be a VCS for SQLite itself
if I am not mistaken. Anyway it would definitely work for keeping
notes and a wiki if thats what you would like. Just thought I might
provide some context on Fossil itself.

[0]: https://sqlite.org/