[kwlug-disc] Simple computer inventory software

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Fri Aug 19 23:36:06 EDT 2016

Would a simple wiki suffice?  One wiki page per computer.  Include the
Mac address, serial number, etc in the page so that you can do a search
for it.  Enter notes directly into each page.

If you need more structure, maybe an extensible wiki like foswiki.
Something like its bug tracker plugin might work.  e.g. see
https://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item14105 as an example.  The "Metadata"
section might hold the identifiers, and work logs could go in the
"Comments" section.  Or something like that...