[kwlug-disc] 4TB drive throwing errors - what's current drive thinking these days?

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Wed Apr 20 22:34:22 EDT 2016

Don't forget the Gold drives:
http://www.storagereview.com/wd_gold_datacenter_hdds_announced

For other peoples' data use enterprise drives.

For your own data, it is hard to beat a 5yr warranty drive.  2/3 more
"lease" time than a 3yr drive.
Are there any 5yr retail drives besides WD Black?
That said, I have been getting good performance and reliability from
Seagate ST2000VN000 drives
even though they are 3yr warranty.  They have good reviews at the usual
places, have options up
to 8TB and are well priced.