[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu release party endangered

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Apr 11 23:44:59 EDT 2016

Thanx, Ray! Sometimes Ubuntu Release Parties are elaborate affairs
with installfests and cake and funny hats and tooters. I think this
one will be a more subdued affair, with maybe some egg rolls and
Ubuntu afficionados sitting around talking about the good ol' days of
Gnome2 and SystemV init.

But Ubuntu use isn't required to have a good time. Everyone is
welcome, no matter what operating system you run, or even if you're
pre-operating system and your dependency list is parchment and goose
quill.

Although the KW Ubuntu community has quieted down over the last few
years, we still have a mailing list to which you can subscribe, at:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-waterloo-region

Any additional planning will take place on that list -- see you there!

There's a more elaborate Ubuntu Release Party in Toronto. I don't know
about funny hats and tooters, but there's definitely cupcakes and all
the coffee you can drink:

*What*: Toronto Xenial Xerus Release Party
*When*: Thursday, 21 April 2016 from 8:00pm to 11:45pm
*Where*: Alio Lounge, 108 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZX6BtMD0--?m=&node=1113718580
*LoCo Event*: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/3330/detail/

I'll be there, and also at the Home Brew Hosting Club meeting which is
also on 21 April 2016

https://homebrewhosting.club/

Contact me off-list if you want to share a ride to Toronto on the 21st.

- --Bob.

- --