[kwlug-disc] Test 02

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Sun Apr 3 23:16:43 EDT 2016

:-)

I yahoo e-mail via webmail (vs Thunderbird for my other accounts), and constantly have to hit the << to get back to plain text to avoid such. Despite having plain text in the settings.

I see you've turned anonymous back off. Probably the correct thing to do, all things considered. i.e.
Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc is back.

Thanks for taking the time that you have to dig into this. For us all, for that matter.

Good to know that it's different only for Yahoo people. Sad that it's necessary. (Although I expect p=reject will become more prevalent over time.)

I do take Bob's point that doing so is not completely bad, but doing so completely silently is. Agreed. From what I can see, though, although Yahoo triggered, that is not something Yahoo can do something about. e.g. I see in Mailman there are options to give notice upon receiving such rejection. That list admins now have to enable such and deal with the resulting kerfuffle, is another story. And I got the sense that mailman is slightly broken in this area, regardless. I would guess, before Yahoo did their deed, it's not like there was as much exercising of that code as there is now.

It is reassuring, at least, to see that mailman is not abandonware, lots of people have their thinking hats on, and they are actively working on things.

In the end, if we want to blame someone, let us not beat on Yahoo too hard. If it wasn't for so many nefarious actors abusing the facilities, we wouldn't be where we are today - with such impact on all providers, and their users.