[kwlug-disc] Fire in Hitron modem from Rogers

B. S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 30 22:42:31 EDT 2015

They would be if it's a rental, I believe.

There will also be a presumption of safety, and if Roger's is offering a service and requiring a particular piece of equipment, there is a presumption that that (supplied) equipment is safe. In essence, if only, Rogers will be viewed as the (engineering) expert. May not be solely responsible, but costs are costs, and public relations blowback is blowback. IMO.

At least one moral of the story is ... pay attention to the equipment's ventilation / heat dissipation requirements. Evidently ... it can matter!