[kwlug-disc] Best place to purchase Cat6 in K/W

Dan Hergott - newsletter email dhuwnews at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:20:44 EDT 2015

I remember someone saying that they wanted the CAT6 cable to be plenum
grade, if that is the case it has to have a FT6 jacket not FT4 jacket.
which if it is legitimate cable will be 3 times the price of  FT6.

There is a lot of "bootleg" or illegitimate cable out there. Some of it
is even copper coated aluminum which will not pass a electronic
certification test, if you're using proper tester such as a Fluke
DTX1800.    It will also give all kinds of transmission errors.
Someone quoted $45.00 per box for cat6 with a FT6 jacket that is
impossible if it is really FT6.

Dan