[kwlug-disc] Windows to support SSH?

B. S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 3 17:17:55 EDT 2015

Aside from Khalid's point of an unwillingness to acknowledge there may be something to that 'other guy' (Linux), I expect the difficulties have more to do with GPL than technical ability to effect.

It wouldn't surprise me that the only reason ssh (ssl, actually?) is even possible within a proprietary provided environment is the not exactly 'GPL or die' licensing availability within ssl. At least as of the last time I looked at it.

[I just took a quick peek at openssh.com, openssl.org, and wikipedia to try and get a sense of the licensing stuff ... then quietly shut the door and walked away. So I can't quickly give references here, but it does seem to me one doesn't have to entirely GPL their stuff to make use of the community code, but being able to do so required careful navigation.] No doubt MS didn't want to have to bury some "This is free and open source code you may download directly for yourself." notice somewhere.