[kwlug-disc] Can not add PPA repositorys under Linux Mint 17.1

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 20 00:23:26 EST 2015

I've seen similar - trick for me was noticing the package had a c status
in aptitude, vs i or p. Means configuration files are still present.
Have to do an 'aptitude purge {package}' or 'apt-get purge {package}' to
actually get the package removed, in those instances. Then was able to
install again and have things work.

- much like your --reinstall note. (Thanks for that!)

I've also seen where a dpkg-reconfigure was necessary - but usually
aptitude upgrade or apt-get upgrade notes when some packages don't
complete configuration, to know that it's needed. dpkg-reconfigure
--force {package} usually works in those cases, dpkg-reconfigure -a in
some cases.