[kwlug-disc] Flossy netbook survey

Kyle Farwell kfarwell at member.fsf.org
Wed Jan 14 18:57:48 EST 2015

Unfortunately the Yeeloong is no longer in production. Tekmote had them
for $340-$430 up until December 2014 sometime but now the only place I
know of with stock is Freedom Included, which is reserving its last $530
units for MIPS developers.
<http://www.tekmote.nl/en_GB>
<http://www.freedomincluded.com/>

Lemote has some other computers, but they have some non-free parts. The
Loongson 3A laptop (in stock at Tekmote) and Fuloong Mini at least need
proprietary VGA BIOS for graphics.

There should be new Lemote computers with the Loongson 3B chip soon, so
maybe there will be something similar to the Yeeloong.

Kyle Farwell

--
I'm an FSF member -- help us support software freedom!
<https://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=12676>