[kwlug-disc] OT: Teksavvy DSL plans

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jan 13 15:28:38 EST 2015

Any specific reason you insist on having DSL, and not cable?

With cable, there is no dry loop fee, and you can work around the
static IP thingie by using Dynamic DNS.

I have had the same IP address on cable ever since I switched from
Rogers to Vmedia (7 months or so now?)

The cost is $60 a month (with initial month having install fee + modem too).

They do have DSL too, but I am not using it hence, can't say if it is
good or bad ...

http://www.vmedia.ca/internet/compare-plans.aspx