[kwlug-disc] FusionPBX support resources

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 4 20:14:38 EST 2015

Does anybody who is active on the list use FusionPBX in particular or
FreeSWITCH in general?

At work we are evaluating Elastix against FusionPBX. In some ways I
like FusionPBX better, but one concern is that nobody else is using it
locally, and thus my ability to ask dumb questions is severely
limited. But if there are some people on the list who use
FusionPBX/FreeSWITCH (and are willing to help answer my dumb
questions) then the situation looks better.

Related: is there a local Asterisk/FreeSWITCH user group around any
more? Back when this was trendy I know there was a lot of interest,
and the Toronto Asterisk group was well-attended.

I am almost afraid to ask, but if no such group exists locally, would
there be interest in putting one together?

One reason I am asking all of these questions about local support is
because (in my experience so far) there is very little on the Internet
available. Maybe there is a secret place where you can find good
quality, updated information about Elastix and FusionPBX (the same way
tek-tips.com is the place to go for Norstar info), but if one
exists I don't know about it.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org