[kwlug-disc] 8-bay OTA antenna - $50

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 9 17:37:31 EST 2015

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?item_id=044612

I noticed this - if any have been considering checking out OTA, or like me, still being warned of Rogers cancelling their analogue cable TV. IIRC, this is similar to what Khalid found success with.

If service is going to be cut off in the next while, perhaps better to do your investigation now - before the snow actually flies (and stays).

I have no experience with this particular product, so not (and not not) recommending this, just came across it and posting a note. IIRC, not all 8-bays are considered equal, so do some googling.

In my case, Rogers again notified of cutting off analogue cable TV - this time as of Dec. 1. Which, again, came and went without change.

Even today I received an e-mail essentially saying 'You may lose channels today!'

(Rogers - do it, or shut up about it, already!) <sigh>

>From some googling I did in preparation for the Dec. 1 date, it does seem that analogue cable TV will likely be cancelled by next March. (Due to the CRTC pick and pay requirements - meaning the providers will be adjusting their product mixes soon. Pick and pay presumably would apply to analogue cable TV too, and I suspect they will just cancel it rather than put more dollars into providing, provisioning, and announcing such.)

If anyone ever does find out the hard date for analogue cable TV service cutoff for this area, do please shoot me a note.