[kwlug-disc] Removing old Linux images on upgrade

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 11:02:13 EST 2015

I've seen cases where I would do the upgrade (using apt-get dist-upgrade, I
really need to look into using aptitude), but apt-get autoremove wouldn't
do its thing properly until after a reboot.  Do the upgrade, reboot, then
do autoremove.  Rebooting should theoretically be unnecessary, but some
days the old kernel just doesn't want to let go.

You might want to see about opening up a bit more space to the /boot
partition, though, if only one or two upgrades fills it up.