[kwlug-disc] Does anyone want to take over Thunderbird?

Raymond Chen raymondchen625 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:46:05 EST 2015

Yes, I agreed on that part about IMAP. That's the best standard we have
right now for email protocol. Maybe we can put it this way, simply having a
IMAP service running and a good client (cross-platform maybe) is not
enough. In the perspective of an end user, we need other important features
like anti-spam, anti-phishing even contact backup and duplicate merging...
They are not part of the IMAP protocol, and shouldn't be. But still, they
are valuable. I think Gmail or WebMail can do those things pretty well.