[kwlug-disc] Does anyone want to take over Thunderbird?

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 1 13:31:51 EST 2015

Be 'fair' ... gmail is non-standard, and a moving target. Thus only google will 'get it right' (for their definition of right, == non-standard), never mind across platforms, like web / chrome / android / chromecast. And, thus, the web interface.

By definition, then, others will never be able to 'do it right.'

Nature of the beastie unless and until google strictly adheres to the rfc's - and they've shown zero inclination to date to doing so. I don't expect that will change any time soon.

<sigh>