[kwlug-disc] Proposal for a talk - User space - Keeping your data synchronized

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 17:30:06 EDT 2015

Hi,
In the past we have heard about rsync and own cloud and other mechanisms that, among other things, can be used to keep data synchronized across devices.
I work on several computers at home. Recently I found that I had to remember in which computer I left the latest version of certain documents. I went from computer to computer until I decided I needed a way to synchronize them.
I compared and evaluated several tools and finally came to the one that worked better for me.
In this presentation I will go through the different tools I investigated so you can decide which one works for you.
 Raul Suarez
Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx