[kwlug-disc] Laptop Rescue: April 18, 4-8pm

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 11 14:47:07 EDT 2015

I think we will hold at least one more laptop rescue session, assuming
there is still interest. There are a bunch of IBM laptops that we can
work on (some of them we have done before, but their hard drives are
too small), and I would like to bite the bullet and start on some
Dells (probably arbitrarily).

As usual, I have scheduled this for the Saturday after KWLUG:

Saturday, April 18
4-8pm (or until people get tired and want to go home, which is usually
later)
Computer Recycling, 66 Queen Street South, Kitchener

The good news is that laptops are selling. As of now I have no new
laptops to put on the shelf (other than Pentium IIIs that I am no
longer bothering with).

The bad news is that we have had some duds -- laptops that looked like
they were good, but ended up having issues that prevented their sale.
I think some of these may be salvagable, but others are more
problematic.

In any case, you are welcome to help out, and you are welcome to
invite others who might be interested. If you plan to come would you
please RSVP? (If you don't you are still welcome, assuming you know
the secret cellphone number, but I would appreciate having a sense of
whether anybody is still interested.) It is especially important to
RSVP if you do not have a cellphone so that we can make arrangements
to let you in.

I also want to thank everybody who has participated so far. Getting
our stacks of donated laptops somewhat under control has been a big
relief, even though we have scrapped far more than is aethetically
pleasing.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org