[kwlug-disc] Easy screenshot software

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 23 14:02:12 EDT 2014

I kind of hate GIMP for manipulating screenshots. It is possible to
draw ellipses and rectangles, but it certainly is not easy. I think
the combination of a screenshot editor (xfce4-screenshoot or scrot)
and gpaint might be a better combo.

Shooter might be the best candidate, but boy howdy does it want to
drag in a lot of GNOMEish (and Perlish) dependencies.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 01:51:26PM -0400, Giles Malet wrote:
> On 14-09-23 11:37 AM, Keefer Rourke wrote:
> >You could then edit the screenshot in an external programme like GIMP.
>
> If you're going to use GIMP, you might as well use it to take the
> screenshot too. File -> Create -> Screenshot, and it has various
> options.
>
> [It's actually tricky to get a screenshot of the screenshot screen!]

All-candidates meetings:
http://www.waterlooregion.org/municipal-elections-2014