[kwlug-disc] What is all this about systemd?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Sep 3 03:54:51 EDT 2014

I doubt that is the majority's experience, and extrapolating from a one
off to everyone seems painting everything with the same brush for everyone.

These are different systems and platforms. They just are.

Why is it reasonable to expect they all have the same development and
distribution platforms?

Who is this all being made easier for? The developers (the vast majority
of the results of which we would all be better off if never distributed
in the first place) or the users the vast majority of which are happy
with what is?

For coming hardware, not was is? Windows 8, Ubuntu, browsers, tablet /
screen only interfaces? (I can only imagine how many keyboards are out
there - pry mine out of my cold dead hands!)