[kwlug-disc] What is all this about systemd?

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Tue Oct 28 10:36:06 EDT 2014

This is great!

I set up a cronjob to perform a btrfs scrub, snapshot, and ship the backup
to my NAS. However, I need to either remember to leave it running overnight
on Saturday (which is less than ideal), or  schedule it more often than I'd
prefer to ensure I get at least one backup throughout the week.

I already had the AC and network checks done. This seems to be the missing
link I didn't know I was looking for.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> --
>
> Here is a more positive experience of systemd, by somebody whose
> opinion I trust a lot:
>
> http://joeyh.name/blog/entry/a_programmable_alarm_clock_using_systemd/
>
> --
> http://pnijjar.freeshell.org