[kwlug-disc] Password scam

Jason Locklin locklin.jason at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 15:50:53 EDT 2014

A better rule-of-thumb is to never click the links. Just open a browser
and type in, or use your bookmark to load the site. The policy of banks
should be that "we will never send you links to our login page. Don't
click on links in emails supposedly from us."

I do the same thing with phone calls. I have received calls from
"Mastercard" etc., and the first thing they want to do is "confirm my
information." Umm.. you called me, let's verify you first. I just hang
up and call the number on the back of the card.