[kwlug-disc] Password scam

Thu Oct 23 08:42:59 EDT 2014

> On Oct 22, 2014, at 5:09 PM, CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, if you're the security conscious type, I know many banks also provide an email address for reporting phishing emails to their security team.  If you get a phishing email, you can forward it to "security at scotiabank.com" or whatever for their own investigations.  Although I doubt they'll ever be able to put an end to this sort of scam.

Like I said, I stopped sending phishing emails to them. They give you a generic response and never follow up, and when you respond to the generic response stating that yes, I do in fact know what phishing is (why else would I have sent you the email to phishing@?!) they respond treating me like I’m an idiot. No thanks, let them deal with the problem themselves. They clearly don’t want to actually solicit help.

-A.