[kwlug-disc] Voip.ms or Unlimitel?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Oct 18 21:52:13 EDT 2014

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM, B.S. <bs27975 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> The way I approached it was number of minutes per month x $0.015 + $2/line
> to give a rough number. If the number was far enough away from a fixed cost,
> then it wins.
> In your case, by my calculation above, $14 leads to $14/1.13 - $2 = $11.82,
> or 788 minutes or 13 1/4 hours of talk time, worst case. I would never hit
> this, but I don't have kids.

This is really helpful. Thank you!

In my case, I have two lines (anyone with the Premier account gets two
lines, but you need an additional hardware piece to connect two phones
to it.

Excluding all one time cost (Ooma, Linx, DECT phones) ...

$14 - $2 X 2 lines = $10 for per minute rate.

$10 / $0.015 per minute = 666.6 minutes.

Ooma provides call logs and exporting the last 2 months of that.
Looking at my total household usage, Ooma wins hands down, since I am
using nearly twice the above per month.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.