[kwlug-disc] Voip.ms or Unlimitel?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Oct 18 13:14:12 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:
> I know we've beaten this to death several times, but I'd like to beat it one
> more time: Unlimitel or voip.ms? Ooma is not an option for me this time.

Short version:

I am interested to hear from others a cost analysis of Ooma vs.
voip.ms, specially when there are several people in the household.

Longer version:

Ooma offers a flat rate of $14 per month for unlimited outgoing and
incoming calls from/to Canada and the USA. That includes two numbers
(which can be 2 lines if you get the $50 Linx adapter. The lines can
be pooled, or assigned to different handsets)

When I evaluated Ooma, I looked at voip.ms, but it was hard to
calculate how much it would be exactly. So, I opted for a simple flat
rate per month solution where I don't count anything. By the same
logic I went with an internet provider that offers unlimited.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.