[kwlug-disc] Volunteer help wanted: save some laptops!

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 3 15:56:22 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 03:12:33PM -0400, Chris Frey wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 02:30:28AM -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> > - We cannot charge much for them (because most of them have dead
> >   batteries)
>
> If you offer new batteries as an option, would you be able to charge
> more for them?
>
> Just a thought.  Laptop+battery is a really nice computing experience.

How could we offer new batteries as an option? We don't have new
batteries, and purchasing new batteries would double (or more) the
price we charge. People would be welcome to order batteries on their
own, of course.

I agree that laptops with batteries are better than laptops without.

- Paul

--
All-candidates meetings:
http://www.waterlooregion.org/municipal-elections-2014