[kwlug-disc] Strange fix

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat May 24 05:34:37 EDT 2014

Never encountered such in XP, if anything XP has been more rock solid
than most any other OS I've encountered.

More likely here the new card got some (software) configuration reset
and happy. (.ini, .conf, something)

Not sure if putting the old card back in to the same slot will change
what you noticed (assuming configuration doesn't get reset).

It might if you put it in a different slot, though, and would be
interesting to find out.