[kwlug-disc] virsh -- anyone using it?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri May 16 20:16:51 EDT 2014

virsh?

Hmmm. Looking at http://linux.die.net/man/1/virsh, too bad they called
it 'virsh'. Seems like it should be 'virctl'. As it stands, it sounds
like a bash/sh replacement optimized for use in virtual environments.

I see http://www.libvirt.org/

Anyone got a link to what this beastie is, why it matters, and why I
should care? I get there are many virtual environments out there - is
there a nice introductory overview for the point at which virsh enters
one's worldview?

 >> On 16 May 2014 16:35, William Park:
 >>     I do use QEMU and VirtualBox, with preference for QEMU.  But, I
 >>     never found reason for using 'virsh'.

What are you using now / what's attracting you to look at this further?
(i.e. If something's attracting you it's probably something that might
attract me to look further into, too.)