[kwlug-disc] CRTC report on TV subscriptions

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu May 15 20:12:03 EDT 2014

I suspect OTA long ago ceased to be conventional. I doubt that it ever
will be again. Just look at Khalid's recent gyrations over
location/elevation. The majority aren't interested in so much work /
non-turnkey solutions. In this age of hundreds of channels, which will
never all be deliverable via OTA, OTA will remain an inconsequential bit
player.

Not odd, normal - Wired. The point is the shift between (wired, [and
satellite?]) models of vendor delivery. Full stop.

People can rail against this, but all they're doing is marginalizing
themselves.