[kwlug-disc] Dropping Bell

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Wed May 14 09:37:54 EDT 2014

Well the home number porting has finally completed.  Kiss the Bell home
phone account good-bye!  Phase 4 is now complete.  I just need to
disconnect the line at the demarcation point and connect the old phones to
the Ooma.

While I can't say that I've really taken the Ooma for a hard test drive yet
(we don't use phones much), I should at least say that the process from
ordering the Ooma until today has been pretty slick.  Other than a couple
of n00b questions that I had for the Ooma customer service, the process has
been pretty much hands-off. I'm actually rather impressed with how much the
VoIP technology has improved over the years.  I think I'm going to be a
happy customer.

Phase 5 is already underway: I need to unlock Wifeski's cell phone from
Bell then we're going to another cell provider with the phone and number.
 Probably Koodo as they seem to have the right package for us.  Perhaps
when my Telus contract on my own cell runs out I may switch to Koodo as
well (I think they're the same company, actually).