[kwlug-disc] IEEE1394 dv import

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon May 12 16:05:13 EDT 2014

Last time I tried this on my desktop, I'm pretty sure it was kino, as
you, and it just worked. Kubuntu 12.04. I do this so seldom that like
you it seems I have to rediscover what works every time.

Perhaps throw a usb drive/enclosure  onto the laptop long enough to
accumulate the files?

This sound like a Computer Recycling volunteer project for them. i.e.
Video, this day and age, being something volunteers would like to get
some experience with? Could they dive into this 'video editing kiosk'
topic and document a how to for other volunteers? No doubt they will be
interested in other outputs destinations / forms too, but that would all
be good stuff too. e.g. YouTube vs publishing as Chamunks (?) is trying
to do for kwlug meetings?

For that matter same thing with 'twitter' (identi.ca), given recent
threads on that. [Although I saw a criticism that the identi.ca use
agreement forces SA-BY-?? on users?] Today at CR we volunteers ... ?

On both topics, these days, it seems the execution path is varied and
murky. An 'everything you ever wanted to know' (today's environment /
current apps) on both would be welcome.

Combine the two, in a sense, phone capture of video out to twitter link
awareness to youtube content? Don't mean to require these specific
proprietary services so much as use 'generic' terms that most will
recognize. It seems 'youth' (?) activism is more prevalent these days,
so many would like to be able to do this sort of thing?

Is this even something for CR? Not just learn something, but show others
what you've learned? Presentation / communication skills / techniques /
abilities seeming very important these days?