[kwlug-disc] Icedove?

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Sun May 11 10:57:55 EDT 2014

Mozilla takes that stance that if you take their code, say for Firefox, and
change it (as is your right under their license), it is no longer Firefox
and cannot be branded as such (as is their right as the brand-holder).

The code is free; the brand is not.

Ubuntu takes a similar stance, allowing the mark (or similar mark) be used
for a limited set of officially recognized derivatives (kubuntu, xubuntu,
lubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, edubuntu, and ubuntu gnome).

Darcy.