[kwlug-disc] Cutting the cord

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 12:12:36 EDT 2014

So last night I plugged in a Colombian proxy into XBMC (there's a spot for
proxy in XBMC so not all traffic from the machine needs to appear to be
from Colombia) and the plugin worked great - in fact so good the quality is
better than we're getting with this old rented Rogers box.

There isn't a TLN channel (which I think is more Miami Latin community
anyway) but a lot of Colombian-specific channels: Telemedellin,
Teleantioquia, UNE Manizales. Cosmovision, El Tiempo and even what looks
like a shopping channel.

I found the proxy using the interestingly named hidemyass.com (you'd think
it was a sleazy site with that name, but it lets you filter a bunch of
proxies by country).

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM, John Johnson <jvj at golden.net> wrote:

> On 2014-03-28 18:37, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>
>> So, perhaps you/she needs to ask around other Spanish speaking expats (in
>> Canada and elsewhere, specially outside North America) to see what is out
>> there.
>>

> FWIW: There is a Spanish cultural centre in downtown Kitchener. I think it
> is across King St. from the CBC.
> (But, I am guessing that Maria would know of this place.)
>
> JohnJ

Charles McColm, Author: Instant XBMC,
Columnist: Full Circle Magazine,
Project Manager: The Working Centre Computer Recycling Project
Web: http://www.theworkingcentre.org/cr/
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Twitter/Identica/Google+: @chaslinux