[kwlug-disc] Cutting the cord

chaslinux at gmail.com chaslinux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:37:50 EDT 2014

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in about cutting the cord on TV. The last remaining service we have from Rogers is TV, primarily because Maria likes TLN (The Latin Network). The only other channel we look to is the weather channel).

We'd do satellite TV, but our building contract has a (phony) structural clause saying no dishes (they have a deal with Rogers and a local rep in the building).

Maria would be thrilled to get other Latin channels. I have XBMC and am happy watching plugins from it. I set up a Colombian channel plug-in for XBMC, but it didn't work - guessing the problem is a proxy one (need to look like we're in Colombia).

Anyone doing IPTV for Latin channels?
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Sent from my cell phone.