[kwlug-disc] Voicemail by email

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Mar 20 11:22:45 EDT 2014

Some VoIP providers already do that.

For example both MagicJack and Ooma have this feature.

You get an email with the voice mail attached as a .wav or .mp3 file. You
click on it and listen to the message.

For Ooma you must subscribe to their Premier server (which has free calling
to the USA, among other things).

http://www.ooma.com/app/support/voicemail-notifications

For MagicJack, it is free with the basic plan ($30 a year).

I use both Ooma and MagicJack, but for different things.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Darcy Casselman <dscassel at gmail.com>wrote:

> Does anyone know of a service that will give you a phone number and send
> you voice mail messages by email?
>
> I know you can DIY this with Asterisk or something, but I'd like some
> modicum of reliability.
>
> Darcy.

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.