[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Mar 14 16:06:36 EDT 2014

Third test for today:

Bought the Wineguard FL5500A amplified flat antenna for $150 plus tax from
The Source.

Tested it and it brings in exactly the 3 channels that the pie dish antenna
did (2 x Global, and CKCO).

I am returning it now.

So, that does it for internal antennas: amplified or not, home made or not,
free or expensive, they are all the same, no difference for my specific
location and obstacles.

Go ahead and try that pie dish antenna, it is really simple, no soldering,
and requires no parts other than a couple of meters of coaxial cable, and
the plug on it. It will give you a baseline on what you can get.

Will wait after the thaw to explore external antennas.

Over and out ...

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.