[kwlug-disc] Recovering a software raided machine.

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Tue Mar 11 11:29:44 EDT 2014

I will suggest that this could be thought of a two problems:
1) The PC is exhibiting an issue with boot
2) There is a problem with the hard disk(s)

For 1) simply* use a boot CD or boot USB stick and change the PC's BIOS
Boot Setup to find the device you are using as a boot device.
Making sure the PC boots at all is, I think, important.

For 2) I will leave this to others as I am not familiar with with mdadm
and raided/mirrored HDD subsystems.

* simply: I do not know how to create a Linux boot disk or USB stick and
cannot advise further.
I know a DOS or Windows boot CD will serve the purpose but this is a
Linux forum.

JohnJ