[kwlug-disc] Presentation request SELinux eom

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Mar 5 01:20:57 EST 2014

Break it up into multiple presentations?

Off the top of my head I can't say what SELinux is, but I assume it is
any Linux (most likely CentOS), with SE enabled.

Is there a larger theme of servers, secure servers, bastion / head end
servers, and so on, here?

If so, the multiple presentations (featuring SELinux?) may make some sense.

Part 1 could 'merely be' "What is SELinux, and why should we care?" with
"Getting your beastie up and running to the command prompt." so that
(Part 2) "We can get on with the rest of it!"

Other stuff could come along for the ride (not that I'm volunteering for
any of it):
- security / certificate infrastructure
= be it PGP, SSH, HTTPS, or server certs.
= PAM, LDAP, RADIUS, and the like.
- VPN shootout: OpenVPN vs LibreSWAN
- SELinux in a VM as a headend, or RaspPI
= vs pfsense and Shorewall
- encryption, and why you want it on your laptop (perhaps not your server)
- where iptables fits in (within any of the above)
- debugging the stuff, wireshark
- monitoring it all, mrtg and rrd

... could go on ... and on ... and on ... and ...

-----

Anybody ever consider (KWLUG) group studying for any of the Linux certs?
(Hmmm.)