[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

Dan Hergott's news account 143news at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 09:01:56 EDT 2014

Well after just getting my OTA outdoor antenna  system up and running I
just heard on CTV 11pm national news (last night 27,June 2014) that Bell
who owns most of the
Canadian TV stations is going before the CRTC to stop all free OTA TV
transmissions.
They want to charge so the local stations can provide enough of their
own support.   Funny when everything was free OTA commercials was TV
stations revenue source.

So what that means is 90% of the channels I receive will be off the air
and I won't be able to watch local news or shows unless I purchase a
satelite dish and service
or go back to Rogers cable.  I loathe Rogers so I can see that happening.

Rogers has stated that they don't believe that Bell's proposed model is
the way to go.  No kidding for Rogers since they get CTV signals over
the air and retransmit them
in their cable TV service.

This has me feeling really frustrated.
Comments?