[kwlug-disc] Fill-in talk needed for July

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Jun 13 21:09:10 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 8:52 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> Not just how are you running Linux on them, but how are you interacting
> with them in your Linux environment?
>
> UPnP/DLNA is coming to mind, given recent threads.

There is a package called minidlna that implements the DLNA server on
pretty much any Linux distro. It does not have a user interface. Just a
config file and you are done.

It is in Ubuntu/Debian, and I have even seen it in the repository for
OpenWRT. So if it runs in OpenWRT, it would run on RaspBerry Pi as well.

I am sure that XBMC and its derivatives have DLNA as well, and there are
variants of XBMC that run on Raspberry Pi.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.